Reminiscent of my past summer posts, the progress of my hobbies have slowed to a crawl due in part to the fact that it's been so frickin' humid lately, I could hardly breathe and I don't feel up to it. When I'm not watching YouTube or Tubi to kill time, I'm hanging around some establishment with adequate air conditioning but don't really do anything in part cuz I'm so self-conscious. Every other minute, I'm thinking about my latest Gunpla project and my backlog (which should reach the ceiling by the end of the year). But the last time I worked on Gunpla under these current conditions, some decals I've been using dried up and flew away, almost ruining the piece. Since I've apparently found the energy to write about it, I might as well write about where I'm at right now.
1/144 HGBD Impulse Gundam Lancier
Though I'm obviously in no rush at this point, it's still embarrassing to say I'm taking so long building a 5-inch figure. A variant of the 1/144 HGCE Impulse Gundam, I introduced the Impulse Lancier years back intending to kitbash it with another kit. Over time, I've decided on a straight build and now a painted custom. Which includes changing a transformation gimmick the Impulse Lancier has. Inspired by the Gundam Wing anime, I wanted to add actual wings to change the Gundam into a fighter jet but couldn't find the right pair.
That's when I happened upon the 1/144-scale Option Parts Set 17 (Wing Unit 1) from Bandai Spirits' 30 Minutes Missions line; the first I'd ever use. You can buy it from sites like Newtype and BigBadToyStore, but at the time eBay was the only place I could find this particular set.
Once I built the wings and tried 'em on the Gundam, I thought they didn't match. But then something else had arrived in the mail . . .
1/144 EG Wing Gundam
Part of my latest delivery from BigBadToys, this was an opportunity to kill 2 birds with one stone. Not only would building this kit alongside the others lighten my backlog . . .
But the wings look much better on the Impulse Lancier than the other pair. Speaking of which . . .
Those wings look way better on Wing Gundam than the other one. Though looking good out of the box, I've decided to paint (partially) the wings to resemble the Real Grade Wing Gundam. And of course that became a whole thing; more on that coming soon.
And that's all for now. I hope you tune next time when, once this humidity passes (if it ever passes), I'm finally able to finish Wing Gundam as I fly up to the Top of the Heap.









No comments:
Post a Comment